The computer centre of GKU occupies an area of 550 sq meters. It has got 220 computers of latest configuration (3.2 GHz Dual Core Processor, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Disk) connected on LAN. It has got 32 peripherals such as printers, CD writers and scanners. In addition all labs have power back up in terms of gen sets and stablised online UPS. Computer center has LCD projectors for purpose of instructions.
Computer Center has following Softwares:
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 7, Red Hat Linux, Android.
Application Softwares: MS Office 2003, MS Office 2007, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Visual Studio including(Visual Basic, C#, J# and ASP), SQL server, C, C++, Animation software, Graphic Art software, Image Organizer.
Functions of Computer Centre:
- R&D activities in Computer Science
- PG courses Lab classes
- Classes common to all Deptts
- Software project by B-Tech & M-tech students
- Classes under MOU such as courses under taken by Microsoft faculty and other outside faculties
- Classes for preparing students for placement