The corporate Resource Center is a unique concept that brings the Industry and academia close to each other and provides need based education and organization support. It has the task to organize Management Development Programs for corporate at various levels including frontline managers and middle and top management, organizing in-campus drives and interviews for student placements and internships. Another major task of Corporate Resource Center is to organize interactions between corporate and students by inviting and arranging for the corporate speakers from different industries and other organizations in form of guest lectures and industry interaction.
Role of CRC at University:
Corporate Resources Centre (CRC) will act as the backbone of Guru Kashi University. CRC will be focused on developing Human Resources of the highest quality, capable of holding their rightful place in today's intensely competitive world. CRC will aims to create a platform where Students and Industry can come together and explore the opportunities for employment. In particular, the Centre aims at bridging the gap between the academia and corporate by focusing on producing highly competent and Industry ready professionals. With this the student weather he is from any university or college can register himself to CRC of GKU and will be able to get the opportunities to get placement in different organization.
CRC will include:
Development of students up to industry/corporate norms. Providing Practical Exposure to the students. Guide and motivate the students about various job opportunities Placement of the students.
Key Responsibilities of CRC:
- Counseling of students for career development
- Undertake programmes for Professional Skills Development (PSD) viz; Written communication skills, verbal communication skills, group discussions, IQ/EQ development and interview techniques.
- Develop alliances with the academic arm of industries to offer their courses as electives besides the University curriculum.
- Organizing industrial visits and summer training.
- Forge new alliances with educational/research institutions for student exchange, research, joint collaboration etc.
- Conduct lecture sessions by eminent professionals from industries and educational organizations of national and international repute.
- Maintain constant liaison with the concerned HR personnel of the companies visiting the campus and with other institutes in the region for 'off- campus' placements.
- Interact with the corporate houses for the placement of graduating students. Provide a platform for the Edu-preneurs who want to experiment their ideas in the safe/secure/protected environment of University before making it big in the external world.