The vision of GKU to grow with a world class university keeping pace with the rapid developments in science and technology and the socioeconomic environment.
The mission of GKU is to maintain high standards of education and equip the students with knowledge, skills and competencies which empower them to effectively contribute in the economic and societal development of the nation.
The major objectives of university are listed below: -
- To buildup state-of-the-art infrastructure in the form of laboratories, workshops and other facilities.
- To establish vast knowledge resource i.e., Library equipped with print and non print media with vast Internet facility.
- To attract well-qualified and experienced faculty.
- To enhance capability of existing faculty by giving a thrust to faculty development programmes.
- Having elaborate plan for arranging specialists on various fields as guest faculty.
- To aim at starting P.G. and R & D activities in almost all the disciplines in a planned way.
- Giving opportunities to study at the Institute to students coming from varied socio-economic backgrounds from across the country.
- Establishing efficient Teaching learning process by adopting emerging trends in ‘Educational Technology Media and Methods’.
- To establish effective Industry – Institute Interaction for wider exposure to the students in the form of Industrial Training and Projects.
- To encourages ‘student teaching practices’ in the form of seminars and selected topics which are beyond the scope of syllabus.
- To have a well thought of action plan for an effective dovetailing of cocurriculam and extra curricular activities including cultural activities into the main body of curriculum.
- To ensure overall personality development of the students with exposure to communication skills, professional awareness courses and entrepreneurship programmes.
- To establish dynamic placement cell for throwing open maximum possible job opportunities to the students.
- Ensuring that faculty and students keep in view their social obligations while performing their duties for fulfillment of above objectives.
Long Term Goals
- To develop the university as a centre of excellence.
- To establish R & D facilities with ‘state of the art’ infrastructure.
- To develop the university in to a ‘centre of technical expertise’ for the industry in related fields.
Short Term Goals
- Providing excellent infrastructure in the form of labs/workshops etc by addition and modernization.
- Up grading library by adding books, journals, better Internet facilities and non-print media.
- Construction of new blocks for housing Life Sciences & Languages departments.
- Conversion of class rooms as high tech rooms with multimedia projection, interactive electronics board with computer interface, wide screen TV and video cameras.
- Attracting qualified and experienced faculty.
- Improving qualifications and potential of existing faculty.
- Further automation of office and other related activities.
- To create additional facilities in sports and games.
- To organize regularly State / National / University level Seminars / Workshops / Symposium / Competitions.
- To strengthen the present Placement Cell for providing greater opportunities to the students.
Quality Policy of Guru Kashi University (GKU)
- New Administrative Block by year 2011-12.
- New block for Life Sciences by year 2012-13.
- Addition of 3rd floor to Electrical Sciences block by year 2012-13.
- Construction of stadium for outdoor games / sports by year 2013-14.
- Construction of indoor stadium by year 2014-15.
- Starting of Courses in
- Life Sciences 2012-13
- Languages 2013-14
- Staring of R & D Centre in all Departments.
Salient Points of Quality Policy
The salient points of quality policy of Guru Kashi University are:
- Keeping abreast with latest technology.
- Questioning of all technical aspects as why, how and when?
- Short listing relevant Technical Engineering, Management, Education, Life Sciences, and Languages aspects.
- Devising means including infrastructure for dissemination of above mentioned aspects through teaching learning process.
- Progressive improvement in efficiency of knowledge dissemination by following integrated approach with embedded feedback.
- Laying broad guide lines for transforming of technology and knowledge to end use.
- Always keeping into sight moral values while disseminating information to students.
- Inculcating into the students the habit of realizing their social responsibilities.
- Laying down standard procedures for academics/administrative activities.
Dissemination and implementation
The quality policy points are disseminated / implemented by following procedures / practices:
- Encouraging faculty members to carry out self-study in the areas of their interest / specialization.
- Detailing faculty members to attend / participate in Technical Seminars / Workshops.
- Ensuring scrutiny of various sources of technical and education information by faculty for recommending latest books / journals for library.
- Encouraging faculty for taking up case with university for syllabus revision with a view to include latest technologies and practices.
- Following integrated approach with embedded feedback in the form of course files for teaching learning process.
- Following objective appraisal system for improving teaching potential of faculty.
- Encouraging students for in depth study of selected topics and participation in seminars.
- Providing incentives to staff / students for presentation and publication of papers.
- Encouraging the students to take up projects in state of the art technologies for ensuring end use of the same.
- Ensuring participation by student groups in State and National level project competition.
- Encouraging staff/students to get membership of professional societies and organize local chapters.
- Organizing guest lectures by experts on technical / general topics, communication techniques and personality developments.
- Ensuring the participation of the student in competitions in technical quizzes, cultural activities, sports at College, University and State level.
- Encouraging students to organize above competitions on their own.
- Monitoring the implementation of above points by supervision, feedback from students / alumni / parents / employees and analyzing end results.
- Improving above procedures / practices based on feedback and end results.
- Monitoring implementation of standards laid down procedures for academic / administrative activities.