University College of Computer Applications
History of UCCA
The college was initially started by the Guru Gobind Singh Group of Colleges with the name of Guru Gobind Singh College of Information Technology & Research and was affiliated with Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar. With the blessing of Hon’ble Chairman S. Gurlabh Singh Sidhu, the college started its first batch of BCA students in the year 2005. After getting very good response, the college has been merged as a constituent college of Guru Kashi University in 2011 with a new name University College of Computer Applications with addition of new courses like Ph.D (CA), M.Phil (CA), MCA, M.Sc (IT), PGDCA, B.Sc (IT). The college has well equipped computer labs with all modern infrastructures. The students are imparted to do job oriented skills, so that the students may get good jobs after passing these courses.
UCCA aims to generate groomed, technically competent and skilled intellectual professionals specifically from the rural area of Punjab to meet the current challenges of the modern computing industry.
- Providing a strong theoretical and practical background across the computer science discipline with an emphasis on software development.
- To provide technical solutions in the field of Information Technology to the local society.
- To provide need based quality training in the field of Information Technology.
- Empowering the youth in rural communities with computer education.
- To provide students with the tools to become productive, participating global citizens and life-long learners.
UCCA is a cornerstone of innovation and research weather it is programming, thinking algorithmically, and solving problems through logic building or working on network administration and information security. UCCA has an environment conducive to the intellectual, moral and physical development of the students.
- The capability to implement, design and analyze the computational design.
- The ability to take complex computer related problems in the realistic world.
- To strengthen the professional development of staff and faculty of UCCA, including graduate and undergraduate students.
- The ability to work efficiently with various peers in computational projects.
- To prepare students to be the decision makers and leaders, principled and articulate, confident and innovative, and capable of think significantly with good reasoning ability.
- To employ students in technical areas like system analysis and design, programming, internet system development etc.
- To impart innovative skills, team-work, research aptitude and ethical practices in students to meet the expectations of the society and industry.
- To develop interpersonal skills in students for employment in small and diverse groups on medium-large scale (live) projects.
- To attain excellence in the integral areas of undergraduate/graduate education, research & public services.
UCCA College has two departments:
- Department of Computer Applications(CA)
- Department of Information Technology and Research(IT&R)
Greetings from University College of Computer Applications (UCCA),
"Education is Life in itself, but not the preparation for Life ..."
It gives me an immense pleasure and pride to welcome you to University College of Computer Applications, a constituent College of GKU. It is a student - faculty centric college and our highest priority, has been excellence in education for our students. UCCA is a cornerstone of innovation and research weather it is programming, thinking algorithmically, and solving problems through logic building or working on network administration and information security: dept does it all. UCCA has an environment conducive to the intellectual, moral and Physical development of the students. We have a team of dedicated, experienced and highly qualified faculty, who, through motivation, counselling and training prepare the students to meet the challenges of the modern era.
I hope and have no doubt that UCCA will surely come up to the level of excellence and great expectations of the public at large with its main thrust to provide world-class education and promote genuine research with value-based objectives.
|2||BCA 2nd year Direct||10+2 with COPA or Diploma in Engg. or Equivalent||2 Years|
|3||BCA (Specialization in Cloud Computing)||10+2 or Equivalent||3 Years|
|4||MCA||B.Sc. /B. Com / BBA/ BA
[Passed (10+2) with Math]
|5||MCA 2nd year Direct||BCA/B.Sc. Computer Sci. / B.Sc. (IT)||2 Years|
|7||Diploma in Computer Applications (DCA)||10+2 or Equivalent||1 Year|
|8||Diploma in Photography & Computer Graphics||10th||2 Years|
|9||Diploma in Visual Effects||10th||2 Years|
|10||Diploma in 2D/3D Animation||10th||2 Years|
|11||B.Sc. (IT)||10+2 or Equivalent||3 Year|
|12||B.Sc. (IT) 2nd year Direct||10+2 with COPA or Diploma in Engg. or DCA or Equivalent||2 Years|
|13||B.Sc Animation & visual effects||10+2 in any stream||3 Years|
|14||M.Sc. (IT)||Graduation||2 Year|
|15||M.Sc. (IT) 2nd year Direct||PGDCA||1 Years|
|16||M.Phil (Computer Applications)||M.Sc. Computer Science / M.Sc.(IT) or MCA||1 & half Years|
|17||Ph.D (Computer Applications)||Master’s Degree in relevant discipline||3 Years Minimum|
The computer labs in UCAA are equipped with very high speed servers and workstations powered by the latest CORE 2 Duo, Dual Core. Complete power back is provided with Online UPS Department has three labs including Programming & Software Development Lab, separate Internet Lab and hardware lab. Each lab has about 24 PC’s.
- Computer Fundamental Lab
This laboratory has been defined for undergraduate students of Software Engineering and Hardware Engineering with the aim of familiarizing them with different operating systems (Windows and UNIX for example), basic methods and skills in problem solving as well as programming using C++,C,java programming languages.
- Hardware Lab
The main objective of Hardware Lab is to provide students hands on experience in computer hardware. Hardware lab of computer course, you get knowledge and working environment about the hardware devices used in the computer like motherboard, RAM, Processor, SMPS and Printers etc.
- Software Engineering Lab
This laboratory is defined for the undergraduate students of Software Engineering with the aim of dealing with practical issues in Software Engineering. In this laboratory students get familiar with the lifecycle of software’s and some backup tools used in these cycles for keeping previously performed activities. These tools are selected from CASE tool collection, which are used to facilitate software development. In addition to doing a group project, students get familiar with the principles of team work and the relevant tools.
- Multimedia Lab
We provide software, equipment and support for the production of web, software development, graphics, video, animation, 3D fabrication and sound. Student can use the labs for creative projects and faculty can use the labs as teaching spaces
- Network Lab
It focuses on explaining how the Internet works, ranging from how bits are modulated on wires and in wireless to application-level protocols.
- Database Management Lab
The major objective of this lab is to provide a strong formal foundation in database concepts, technology and practice to the participants to groom them into well-informed database application developer.